Sunday, May 9, 2010

Career First

That's what most of the single women out there reasoned.
They set their priorities straight first.
They want to focus on their careers.
Lovelife, later in life.

As I thought about it, I'm doing the same thing.
I'm set on treading the path of becoming a doctor.
My dad always says, "Pag-aaral muna, focus. Mamaya na yang lovelife."
[Studies first, focus. Lovelife will come on later.]

Though, that didn't work with my younger brother.
He got a lovelife right before he graduated from highschool.
Something, I never did experience.

Do I envy him?
Partly yes, partly not.
But, I kept on telling myself, I made a decision.
It will be academics first.
Despite the longing in my heart to be in a relationship...
I would admit to that.


I remembered a dentist friend telling me to snatch a boyfriend before I enter the world of medical study.
A guy batchmate was worried that he texted me, asking if I'm planning to be a spinster.
Hell no!
I wanted to have a family in the distant future, not aging alone in my house.
No, I won't let it.
But for now, I'm setting my priorities...
and it's CAREER first.

Would I regret it?
I hope not.
Maybe, along the way to becoming a doctor, I won't be forever SINGLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment